Friday, October 21, 2011

The IGF and the game.

   Today, I submitted my 3rd revision of the game. I noticed a glitch in level 5 and decided to fix it, and send the new version to the IGF's FTP server. You will notice that some of the levels are the same as in previous builds, and that there are actually no JRPG levels (a top down JRPG style world)  in this demo. The reason for this, is because I wanted to demo the platforming, and the  platforming mechanics, for the IGF. The JRPG elements are more for the story and moving the plot forward.
This is not a complete Demo as there is no music added yet. My music man is working on it and it will be added as soon as its ready.
The actual retail game that will be released in 2012 is being worked on in 3 stages. Stage 1 is to get the IGF Demo ready by building levels that will be utilized in the demo and full version of the game. Stage 2 is to put the story elements of the game together. This means building the JRPG top down sections of the game. (Over World). The 3rd and final stage, is putting the two parts together and testing them. Once these three stages are complete the game moves into beta testing and glitch repairs.
This has been a labor of love, and an amazing experience. I know that the game, might not look like the next Mario or Metroid, and that it looks a little rough around the edges, but this is my first and hopefully not last game. I've got other ideas that I'm dying to try out and show. If this game does't impress you let me know. I want to hear feedback the good and the bad. If many people think this is a feasible idea, and one that should be explored further, I will work harder at  perfecting the game.   

No comments:

Post a Comment